WordPress how to use plugins
Plugins are a big part of what makes WordPress so great. They can help you do everything from adding contact forms to your site to setting up an online store. In this article, we’ll show you how to find and install plugins for your WordPress site.
What are plugins?
A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your website. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. In most cases, you can install a WordPress plugin by simply uploading it to your web server via FTP.
Once a plugin is installed, you may need to activate it from the Plugins menu within your WordPress administration area.
How to install a plugin
Installing a plugin in WordPress is a simple process. You can either install a plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory or upload a plugin directly to your site.
To install a plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory:
1. Go to the Plugins section of your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Click on the Add New button.
3. Search for the plugin you want to install in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
4. Once you have found the plugin, click on the Install Now button.
5. After the installation is complete, click on the Activate Plugin link.
To upload a plugin directly to your site:
1. Download the plugin file to your computer.
2. Go to the Plugins section of your WordPress Dashboard.
3. Click on the Add New button.
4. Click on the Upload Plugin button at the top of the page.
5. Choose the plugin file from your computer and click on the Install Now button.
6. After the installation is complete, click on the Activate Plugin link.”
How to activate a plugin
In order to use a plugin on your WordPress site, you first need to activate it. You can do this from the Plugins menu in your WordPress admin panel. Simply find the plugin you want to use from the list of available plugins and click the “Activate” link.
Once a plugin is activated, you can configure its settings from the Settings menu in your WordPress admin panel.
How to deactivate a plugin
If you’re not using a plugin, or if you want to disable it for some reason, you can deactivate the plugin from your WordPress admin area. Here’s how:
1. Log in to your WordPress site.
2. In the left-hand sidebar, hover over the “Plugins” link and click on “Installed Plugins.”
3. Find the plugin you want to deactivate and click on the “Deactivate” link under that plugin.
4. That’s it! The plugin is now deactivated.
How to delete a plugin
If you need to delete a plugin for any reason, follow the steps below. Note that this will delete all files and data associated with the plugin:
1. Login to your WordPress site.
2. Go to Plugins and select Installed Plugins.
3. Find the plugin you want to delete and click on Delete.
4. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm your decision. Click on Yes, Delete these files and data.
5. The plugin will now be deleted from your site.
Plugin Tips and Tricks
1. plugins are a great way to add features and functionality to your WordPress site.
2. There are thousands of plugins available, so finding the right one can be a challenge.
3. To help you out, we’ve put together a few tips and tricks for using plugins on your WordPress site.
4. Check out the plugin directory: The first place to start when looking for a plugin is the WordPress plugin directory. This is a great resource for finding plugins that are compatible with your version of WordPress.
5. Take advantage of plugin compatibility: Not all plugins are created equal. Some are compatible with only certain versions of WordPress, while others will work with any version. When choosing a plugin, be sure to check its compatibility with your version of WordPress.
6. Consider paid plugins: While there are many great free plugins available, sometimes it’s worth paying for a premium plugin that offers more features and support.
7. Use caution when installing plugins: Before installing any plugin, be sure to read its reviews and ratings. Also, take the time to back up your site before installing any new plugin.
Overall, using WordPress plugins is a great way to add features and functionality to your website without having to code them yourself. While there are literally thousands of plugins available, it’s important to only install the ones that you need in order to keep your site running smoothly. Do some research before installing any plugins, and always make sure to backup your site before making any changes.