Where wordpress plugins are stored
WordPress is a popular content management system (CMS) that allows you to create a website or blog from scratch, or to improve an existing website. With so many features and plugins available, it can be hard to keep track of where they all are stored. This article will help you find and install WordPress plugins easily.
What are WordPress plugins?
WordPress plugins are tiny programs that let you do things like add new features to WordPress, change how WordPress works, or fix problems. They’re available from the WordPress.org plugin repository or from various other sources.
How do I install a plugin?
To install a plugin:
1. Log in to your WordPress site.
2. Click the “Plugins” menu item in the left column of the screen.
3. Click the “Installed Plugins” tab. If you don’t see this tab, click the “Add New” button in the upper-left corner of the screen and enter “plugin” in the “Search Plugins” field.
4. Click one of the plugins in the list on the right side of the screen to open it in a new window.
5. Click the “Install Now” button next to the plugin you want to install.
6. After the plugin is installed, click its activation button (an orange icon) to activate it. You can now start using it by clicking its activation link in any post or page you create.
Where do WordPress plugins store their files?
Plugin files are stored in a plugin’s “wp-content” directory.
How to find and delete a plugin from your WordPress site
If you’ve ever had the unfortunate experience of installing a plugin and then realizing you can’t uninstall it, or if you just want to get rid of a plugin that’s been unused for awhile, you’re in luck. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of finding and deleting a plugin from your WordPress site.
WordPress stores its plugins in the wp-content/plugins directory. If you want to delete a plugin, simply move it to the trash and empty the bin folder.