Step by step on how to deactivate plugins on wordpress using ftp
Plugins are a great way to add extra features to your WordPress website, but sometimes they can become a bit of a nuisance. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to deactivate plugins using FTP, so that you can keep your website running smoothly without any extra clutter.
What are plugins?
Plugins give you extra features and functionality for your WordPress site. They’re typically installed through the WordPress Dashboard, but they can also be installed through FTP. To deactivate a plugin, follow these steps:
1. Log into your WordPress site via FTP.
2. Go to the plugins folder (usually at wp-content/plugins).
3. Locate the plugin you want to deactivate and click on it to open the plugin’s settings page.
4. On the plugin’s settings page, look for a line that says “Activate this plugin…” and delete it.
5. Save your changes and return to your FTP window.
6. Click on the “Uploads” tab and find the file that you just saved from your WordPress site (usually a .zip file).
7. Unzip the file and upload it to your server via FTP.
8. Click on the “Activate this plugin…” line again in the plugin settings page and paste in the activation code that you copied from the .zip file earlier (it should look something
How to deactivate a plugin using FTP
Deactivating plugins is a common task for WordPress users. Here’s how to do it using FTP:
1. Log in to your WordPress website.
2. Click the “Plugins” menu item in the left sidebar.
3. Select the plugin you want to deactivate and click the “Disable” button next to it.
4. Copy the plugin’s folder location (for example, wp-content/plugins/my-plugin/) on your computer and paste it into your FTP client’s root directory. (Note: The FTP client must be configured to allow anonymous access.)
5. In your FTP client, navigate to the plugin folder and delete all of the files except for the plugin activation script (.php).
6. Rename the activation script (.php) file to something else (like deactivate.php).
7. Upload the deactivate.php file to your website and replace the original activation script (.php) file with it.
How to deactivate a plugin using wp-config.php
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that enables you to create a website from scratch, or to improve an existing website. The WordPress foundation provides a set of default plugins that allow you to add features and functionality to your site. However, you may also want to disable certain plugins in order to improve performance or manage site content more effectively.
To disable a plugin using wp-config.php, locate the plugin file in the wp-content/plugins directory and delete the following line from the file:
If the plugin uses include files, remove those files as well.
If you need to deactivate a plugin on your WordPress site, there are a few steps you need to take. First, login to your server and find the plugin folder. Next, use the FTP software on your computer to connect to the server and upload the plugin file. Finally, use the FTP program on your WordPress site to delete the file from the plugin folder. Thank you for reading!