How to remove “mu plugins” folder from wordpress?
Recently, I upgraded my wordpress website to the latest version and since then I am unable to remove the “mu plugins” folder. Whenever I try to access the “mu plugins” folder in my wordpress root directory, I get the following error message:
Error: You do not have permission to access /var/www/html/muplugins/.
Any help would be much appreciated!
What is a mu plugin?
Just like any other plugin, a mu plugin is a piece of code that helps you to add functionality to your WordPress site. The main difference between mu plugins and other plugins is that mu plugins are hosted on the WordPress.com site rather than on your own server. This means that you can’t install them on your own site, but you can use them on a WordPress.com site.
The good news is that you don’t need to worry about removing mu plugins from your WordPress site. When you no longer need them, simply delete themu plugin folder from your WordPress installation.
How to remove a mu plugin from WordPress
If you’re looking to remove a mu plugin from your WordPress site, there are a few different methods you can use. The easiest way is to use the “Remove Plugin” function in the WordPress admin area. This will screen-shot and save the plugin for you, so you can uninstall it later if necessary. If that’s not an option, you can also remove the plugin manually by following these steps:
1. Open your WordPress site in your browser.
2. Click on the “Plugins” menu item in the left-hand column of the main WordPress screen.
3. Locate and click on the “Installed Plugins” tab at the top of the screen.
4. Find and select the mu plugin you want to remove from your site.
5. Click on the “Remove” button next to the plugin name.
6. If you want to keep any of the plugin’s settings or data, be sure to save them before removing the plugin.
If you are having problems removing the mu plugins folder from your WordPress website, then this guide will help you. First, make sure that you have installed and activated the Jetpack plugin. Then follow these simple steps: