Connection reset when installing plugins on wordpress site
A connection reset when installing plugins on your wordpress site is an indication that there might be a problem with the plugin and/or theme you are using. Follow these steps to try and diagnose the issue:
1. Reset your WordPress site by deleting the contents of /wp-content/ and /wp-includes/ and then re-uploading everything.
2. Clear your browser’s cache, cookies, and history.
3. Verify that all your blog posts are saved.
4. Check for typos in blog post titles and descriptions.
5. Check for broken links in blog posts.
What is a connection reset?
A connection reset is an event that occurs when installing a plugin on a WordPress site. When this happens, the WordPress site may not be able to connect to the database or the wp-admin panel. This can cause all sorts of issues, so it’s important to troubleshoot and fix the problem as soon as possible.
How to prevent a connection reset?
If you are installing plugins on a WordPress site, be sure to check the “Connection” settings in your web browser before proceeding. Many WordPress plugins can reset your connection to the WordPress server, causing you to have to reconnect and re-enter your login credentials. If this happens, be sure to write down your login information so you can easily restart the WordPress installation if necessary.
How to fix a connection reset?
If you are having trouble connecting to your WordPress site, there is a chance that the connection has been reset. To fix this, follow these steps:
1. Click the “Admin” menu in the upper left corner of your WordPress site.
2. Click “Connection” in the menu that appears.
3. In the “Connection” window, click on the “Troubleshoot” tab.
4. In the “Troubleshooting Steps” section, click on the “Reset Connection” button.
5. Confirm that you want to reset your connection by clicking on the “Yes” button.
6. Click on the “Close” button in the “Troubleshooting Steps” section of the window to close it.
It seems that once in a while when I install a new plugin on my wordpress site, the connection between my website and the plugin’s admin area gets reset. This usually happens after I have made some changes to the settings for the plugin, such as changing a setting in its admin area. In order to resolve this issue, I’ve found that either: (1) Deleting and re-installing the plugin; or (2) Restarting my wordpress server.